Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Escape Artist?

For the past week it has felt like my little bug has been trying to escape my belly! It seems my tummy is expanding daily and some days it feels like the little one is just going to expand right out of me! It is showing too... I think I went from barely showing/you wouldn't really know I was pregnant unless you knew me to "um, that is definitely a baby in there!" In a week! That doesn't seem right, does it??? Accompanying the growth of my belly is extra pounds. 5 lbs to be exact. In the last 2 weeks. But who's counting (I AM!!!)?

My appetite has been out of control. I have to eat every 2 hours, at least. I had been doing pretty well with making good, healthy food choices. This weekend was different. And it shows (at least I think so). We were up at Woman Lake Lodge from Saturday to today (Tuesday). We had an abundance of food, none of which I would consider healthy, with the exception of the fruit I brought. We had brats and burgers, chips and dip, fried fish and jalapeno poppers, soda and cookies, muffins and pancakes. I could go on, but I think you get the point. I guess those extra 3 pounds I put on this week is good motivation to eat right and exercise more. I am planning on  gaining no more than 15 more pounds for the rest of the pregnancy. Hopefully I don't put on any more weight the next couple weeks - the last two weeks already exceeded my weight gain quota for the month ;)

Miss Lydia had a great time up at the lake! She came fishing with us and loved looking at the fish. She liked the boat rides too. She was able to run around and explore lots of new things. The thing she didn't like about being up at the lake was not having her bed to sleep in. We brought the pack and play for her and her pillow and blankies. Apparently it just didn't cut it. She slept well 1 out of the 3 nights we were there. The other 2 were a battle. She refused to sleep in her pack and play. And she wasn't happy laying with us either. That meant to calm the raging baby, we had to stand and sway with her. This had to happen for at least an hour before we could even think about laying down with her. That was not fun. We think she is getting some teeth too. She has been drooling more, tugging at her ears and seems pretty uncomfortable at night. We have been giving her ibuprofen at night, but I don't like to give it to her so often. She sleeps so much better when she has it though. Hopefully those teeth poke through soon and we get our good sleeper back!

That's about all the updating I have for now. I'll see if I can get my hands on some pictures of Lydia from this weekend and post them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)