Thursday, May 2, 2013

It Happened!?!?

I had thought several times in the past year that it was possible this day would never come! It has been nearly one year since graduating with my Masters of Dental Therapy degree. I have had countless interviews. I have gotten to the point where clinics have wanted to hire me but time after time something came up where it just wasn't going to work to have a dental therapist at their clinic. This time is different! I think it still has not fully set in that I have finally been offered a dental therapy position!!! I think there are a couple reasons for this... 1. I wasn't expecting to hear back from the clinic for at least another day and 2. I did not allow myself to think about actually being offered the job since I have been let down so many times. But not this time!!!! :) I have been offered a full time (32 hour/week) dental therapy position at a federally qualified health center (FQHC) in St. Paul. The majority of my time will be spent in the clinic, but I will also be working with the outreach team to go to elementary schools and providing dental care to children - how perfect!! On top of the excitement about getting to do dentistry (finally), we also discussed pay and benefits. I found out that the clinic has a loan re-payment program that could potentially cover 50% of my student loans! What an amazing benefit! What a relief to have that huge student loan number potentially cut in half!

Anyways, I couldn't contain my excitement so I had to share... Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I have learned a great lesson in patience and now I am ready to fix some teeth! ;)

(I had a little fun playing with a photo app on my iPhone this afternoon - here is Adeline at 3 months old)



Love, Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)