Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So Much Better!

Lydia has been so so so much better since Monday. We reduced the amount she gets per feeding to 2 oz instead of 3 oz, and it seems to have really done the trick. She is spitting up less and the most important thing, she seems to be much more comfortable therefore is crying less. Thank the Lord! Of course, that means she eats more frequently, but we have all been much happier :) I did take her to the pediatrician yesterday. The Dr. thought that she probably does have reflux and wrote her a prescription for baby Zantac. So we are going to put her on that to see how she does, in hopes we can increase to 3 oz again and not feed her so often. Even if it doesn't seem to work, I am so happy with how much better she is doing. She is gaining weight like a champ too! She is up to 8 lbs 12 oz. BIIIIG GIRL!

Other exciting news, she SMILED at me on Monday - on purpose! I thought it was possible that it was a fluke, but then she smiled 3 more times that day! Once at a friend, once at my mom and TWICE at my dad! It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I was so excited. She hasn't done it since Monday though. I guess I'm not entertaining enough ;)

Our Moby wrap arrived in the mail yesterday from diapers.com. So excited! It took a little practice to get the hang of how to wrap it, but we were successful today! She actually fell asleep in it! YES! I was able to wash dishes and do laundry while she slept. It was wonderful. Also accomplished in the last couple of days, working out. I have been looking forward to being able to work out for so long and I was able to start back up yesterday. Lydia sat in her bouncy chair in the bathroom for a little while and when she got fussy I put her in her swing in the living room with me. I think watching me do Tae Bo was entertaining enough to keep her content for a while. Today, when she got fussy again, I brought her bouncy chair out in the living room and she sat in it with a couple fusses here and there until I was done. We have made a lot of progress in the last couple of days! :)

Moby, Try #1:




Moby, Try #2:

1 comment:

  1. First off, she really can't get any cuter! She's gonna be such a gorgeous girl, like her mama!! That Moby thing is pretty sweet, nice find!

    Secondly, I'm sooooo happy for you two that you made progress on the fussiness. I'm sure as she gets older it'll be easier to calm but that's so stinkin hard when you never know if she's not feeling well or if she's hungry or tired or what. So that is AWESOME. So glad to hear it :)

    Now I just can't wait to be smiled at ;) BY LYDIA you goof! Not you... Okay you can too...

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)