Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ready for Round 2??? I am!

June 1, 2012 - 

Here we go again! Things feel much different this time than they did last time, although I need to look back to help me remember last time. We weren't exactly trying this time. We've had the 'goalie pulled' since last November though. I suppose it was bound to happen at some point. Plus, the last couple of months I have been feeling more and more ready and it wasn't all that difficult for DH to see us with another one. Last month was the first month I was really paying attention to my cycle.

This month was the first month I actually felt like something was different. I told DH a couple weeks ago that I was pretty sure something was going on. Took a couple tests (quite early I might add). They were negativo. Didn't change my mind though. I just knew. The day AF was supposed to show, I popped out of bed and tried it again...WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!! AHHHHH! Baby Borntrager #2 is due February 4th, 2013 :)

Things that tipped me off:
Twinges on my right lower abdomen (Like I had with Ms. Lydia)
Heightened sense of smell (Never experienced that before)
Moodiness (Like I had with Ms. Lydia)

I was so convinced that I was preggo, I wasn't taking anything but AF as a no! When my pregnancy test started forming that second line, I just couldn't believe it! Even though I knew I had to be, it wasn't real until that test showed up positive. It's still not all that real to me! It's so amazing. So exciting!

At this point I am only 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I'm feeling really good, minus random waves of nausea. With Lydia it kicked in just after I turned 6 weeks pregnant and it was there to stay until the second trimester came around. I am SOOOOOOO hoping my energy stays up and the nausea stays down this time.

I know one thing for sure though, I am going to do this pregnancy right! I learned my lesson with the amount of weight I gained last time and how hard it was to lose.. Not this time! I am planning on losing some weight still this first trimester and hoping to keep the total weight gain under 20 lbs.

I signed up for a 42 day Little Black Dress/Ripped in 42 challenge before I knew I was pregnant. It started Tuesday (I found out I was pregnant on Monday!). It is a diet high on protein, spinach and water. Really clean/good for me foods! Plus, I get to eat 6 times per day which is so nice for me, especially pregnant. I have 5 weeks left. I am hoping to lose at least 15 lbs on this program between the clean eating, water intake (12 cups/day) and HIIT/weight training. I'm excited to be in great shape for this pregnancy!

Our first appointment/ultrasound is scheduled for 8 weeks (June 27th). We are waiting until we find out everything is going ok in there before we tell everyone (ie our family and bible study). I got Lydia a t-shirt that says "I'm Going to Be a Big Sister!" That is how we are going to announce it to everyone :) I can't wait to tell everyone! For now, this post is going to drafts until we make an announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)