Saturday, March 19, 2011

Must Haves: Age 0-5 weeks

We have just about every baby item anyone could possible imagine. But so far, there have been a few staples that have made life with a baby much easier - essentials, you could say.

1. My DH

2. Bouncy chair - The only thing she will sit content in, and maybe even fall asleep in. Such a lifesaver when I have to go to the bathroom or take a shower.

3. Soothies pacifier - The only pacifier she will take

4. Formula - I tried to exclusively breastfeed, but wasn't making enough and starving my Little Bean. :( Thank goodness there is formula!

5. Moby wrap - Probably the best $35 I have ever spent! She is asleep within moments of putting her in this and stays asleep while I do dishes, laundry, check my email, go for walks, etc...

6. gDiapers - These are the only diapers she fits in well so far since she is such a little peanut. We have 7 of them and they are soooooo easy to use and wash. Perfect for travel also! We just pack the flushable/biodegradable inserts in the diaper bag and 1 gPant cover and off we go!

7. Yoga ball (for soothing baby) - Pretty consistently soothes her crying when we bounce on it

8. Boppy - She sleeps in it between DH and I in bed and lets me have my arms back when I sleep! :)

9. Nursing tank tops (Target: $16.99) - They are so comfortable, They aren't noticeable nursing tops and it is so easy to nurse her anytime anywhere. I have 3 in rotation and it is perfect!

10. Black yoga pants - Without these, I would constantly be bummed that I don't fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. And would have to go pantless much of the time ;) Hehe

I think that about covers our "must haves" for the first 5 weeks...

Our schedule has changes up quite a bit. As of Tuesday of this past week I started working out again and man, does it feel good! I am rotating between Tae Bo and Turbo Jam. It feels so good to do something for myself, and I think Lydia has a good time sitting in her bouncy chair watching mama look like a fool ;) She usually makes it nearly to the end of the workout before she starts fussing and wants to be held. Most of the time I can hold her off until the workout is over by switching her to her swing and giving her the pacifier. We have also started going for a walk every day now that the weather is getting nicer. I love getting the fresh air and Lydia sleeps in the Moby the entire time. This is probably the highlight of our days. Those two things take up the morning and then we run our errands and the afternoon is spent relaxing and waiting for papa to get home from work. The sleep schedule is still pretty much the same.

I'm really hoping everything continues to go so smooth, but I hear there is a 6 week growth spurt, which will probably throw everything off again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)