Monday, March 14, 2011

Research

I should be sleeping right now, but the problem solving side of me (and the threat of screaming baby for much longer) has me up researching what could be wrong with her, if anything.

After a couple hours of research, I think she has reflux. The symptoms seem to fit: spitting up/throwing up, poor sleep habits during the day, frequent and persistent crying that comes on suddenly, frequent feeding, hiccups (which she gets after almost every feeding), desire to be constantly held...

I'm going to try to get her into the pediatrician tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully there is something we can do to help her. It seems like the most common remedies are Zantac and keeping the baby upright as much as possible. I am seriously contemplating getting the Rock and Play Sleeper. It is $50, but it has gotten rave reviews, especially from moms of babies with reflux.

I guess I'll see what the doctor says first.

Hopefully we will get this baby happy in no time - for her sake, and my sanity.

Ok, 3 posts in the last several hours might be it for a while as I go back to having only one hand for the week. Although, I ordered a Moby wrap from Diapers.com that is supposed to be here Wednesday - Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)