Monday, January 14, 2013

Full Term - Ready?

I'm officially full term as of today :) It's kind of hard to believe! Pretty soon we are going to have 2 little girls! I can't even picture it. I am at a loss to imagine what our life will be like. I get the feeling that having 2 is going to be so much harder than having one.

Plus, oddly enough, I felt much more prepared for Lydia than I am feeling for Adeline. I know I have done it before but 1) Every baby is so different and 2) I don't really remember anything from when Lydia was a baby. I haven't done a whole lot to prepare for Adeline either. Luckily, we have pretty much everything we need, so I didn't really need to do a whole lot. I made a check-list of things I would like to get done before her arrival - it is 3 pages long!!! Yikes!

Now that I am done with work, I should have the time to get it all done. The problem is, I'm lacking motivation. Today, I was thinking I'd get some stuff done while Lydia took her nap (usually about 3 hours long). Well she has been sleeping for 2.5 hours and I haven't gotten anything from my checklist done :-\ I also don't know how quickly I will be able to accomplish things with a little toddler running around. Especially when it comes to cleaning! Lydia tends to like to make a mess wherever I clean. Haha

With all that said, there are only a couple things on the list that need to get done before baby gets here - setting up the bassinet and rocking chair, sterilizing pacifiers, installing the car seat and packing the hospital bag. None of those things take very long and the car seat and hospital bag can be taken care of when I go into labor. I guess there is no need to stress too much.

I guess I will do a little update on how I've been feeling...Surprisingly, I am doing ok, My SPD really only bothers me at night. Sleeping is kind of hit or miss lately. And I've been pretty tired during the day. My belly is quite large, but I don't know that it is big as it was with Lydia (although I will probably still grow a little more). Most of the stretch marks I have are from the last pregnancy - only a couple of new ones. So overall, my physical symptoms are fairly manageable, considering. I have been pretty stressed and anxious recently. I'm not sure if it is related to the pregnancy or outside stuff I have going on.

Lastly, some pictures of my little Love - taken by Uncle Kyle with his new fancy camera :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)