Saturday, January 22, 2011

Craftys

As promised, here are the pictures of the remaining craft projects.

I (hand) sewed a seat cushion for the toy box and made some cloth diaper pail liners so I can a. Not waste plastic bags b. Throw them in the wash with the cloth diapers. The pictures aren't very exciting, but here they are anyway :)




We had the last of our baby showers before the little on arrives last night. It was a couples shower with our bible study - it was so much fun! Here is a picture of the adorable diaper cake our friend made for us!



The cushion I bought for the toy box was really thick, so I ended up cutting it in half and will use the other half as a changing pad! Brilliant idea? I thought so. I have to get some water-proof fabric to cover it with and then I can just slip on the changing pad covers we have. Yay for saving $20! :)

Other things accomplished today:
-Light blocking curtains hung in the baby room
-Toys disinfected and put into the toy box
-CD player set up in the baby room
-Cloth diaper liners made (Using fleece. Protects the cloth diapers from butt cream)
-New shelf in bathroom hung (more storage for baby items)
-Wrapping paper/tissue paper/gift bags/ribbons & bows sorted and put into storage bin
And of course, my day wouldn't be complete if I didn't eat plenty of food that is SO not good for me.

On the agenda for tomorrow:
-Thank yous
-Make cookies for football party on Sunday
-Coffee with friend
-Get baby grooming kit & possibly play mat
-Send in the last form before I am officially insured again (annoying!)

I have 14 days until my due date...I am officially sending out a plea to my baby girl to get here within the week. I don't know how much more I can take of this pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)