Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fiasco!

Insurance - Grrrrr! Riddle me this...Who would drop a full-term preggo from insurance less than 3 weeks before she is due??? I'll tell you who - the University of Minnesota! I realized yesterday morning that since I am no longer enrolled in credits at the university due to my leave of absence, it was possible that they would drop me from the insurance plan. Come to find out, I get dropped the day the Spring semester starts, which is today. Great. So I spent all morning calling anyone and everyone involved in student insurance that may be able to help me. The first couple hours were spent getting answers along the lines of "Well, that sucks for you, but there is nothing we can do." Fortunately, as the day progressed I got some backing by people at the dental school and they got in contact with the higher-ups at Student Health Services. Last I heard today, they should be able to keep me on student insurance because I am on leave due to medical reasons. They just need to fill out the proper forms and what-not. Hopefully everything will be worked out and I will again be insured tomorrow.

As much as I want this little one out of me, I'm glad I didn't go into stressed-induced labor today.

And per request...Here is an update list of what we still needed. I am relieved that it is a short list :)

Baby Gear – Still Needed

1. Baby thermometer/Red Cross Health and grooming kit - $20
2. Play mat
3. Changing pad
4. Baby sun block
5. Bottle sterilizer - $90 or Microwave sterilizer - $18
6. Sun shade
7. Diaper sprayer

I am doing a mama photo shoot tomorrow with DH's aunt - I'm pretty excited about it :) I didn't think I was going to do preggo photos since I just feel huge - but I guess we'll give it a shot. I'll post pics when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)