Friday, June 10, 2011

Runnin' on Fumes

I knew this week would be very very busy... but MAN, I am tired! By Tuesday, I was already feeling it. Monday was a really long day. Here's a glimpse:
5:00am - wake up
5:30am - leave for up north to grandma's house
6:15am - leave from grandma's house to catch the 6:30am train
7:15am - catch the bus from downtown to campus
8:00am - oral pathology starts
9:00am-4:00pm - pediatric clinic orientation and cavity preps on typodont
4:30pm - catch bus from campus to downtown
5:00pm - catch train
6:00pm - pick up Lydia
6:30pm - go grocery shopping
8:00pm - arrive home just in time to give Lydia a bottle, make dinner, unload the dishwasher and put Lydia to sleep.
9:00pm - Completely exhausted and ready for bed
1:00am - Lydia up for first feeding
4:00am - Lydia up for second feeding

Now, repeat with slight modifications (i.e. replace orientation with patients and skip lunch for meetings) for the rest of this week. So yeah, I'm a little tired. I have never needed sleep more in my life!

On the bright side, I really do love pediatric clinic. Thank goodness. It is nice to know that what I thought I wanted to do, I actually want to do :)

I am now over a month "clean" from my shopping habit :) DH is extremely happy that I am not spending all his money. I have gotten a few "fixes" shopping for birthdays and holidays. We have been studying being good stewards of God's money in Bible study. The more we go into it and the longer I have to think about it, the more my eyes are opened to what I should be doing with our money...which doesn't include spending it on clothes for Bean or myself or DH. Or buying stuff for the house that we really don't need. The better option is putting the money we have toward paying our bills and for gas and groceries, reducing our debt, giving it to those in need and giving it to the church. The last one is the one that I struggle with the most. I understand that it isn't really giving it to the church...it is giving it to God. But for some reason I don't particularly see it that way. I guess I have trouble trusting that the church will use it in the best way possible. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE our church. I don't know...I guess it is a heart thing and it is something I need to pray about. No surprisingly, I love giving to the charities/causes that allow me to shop (HA!). For example, operation Christmas Child, donating backpacks, school supplies, clothes. Even food and hygiene products. Or donating my time to help those in need. I just have a hard time donating money. I'm not sure, but I think that might be a bad thing?

I've been thinking of boy names (because I want a boy next)... I think my front runners are Paxton and Kingston (Unlike some others, I don't enjoy torturing people by making them wait until the baby is born ;) Hehehehe).

Alright, the best part of my day:



Next goal: Only buy coffee 1x/week or less. Le sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, you are WAY beyond busy! Running on fumes is a very accurate title here! At least you have a cute little girl at home to keep you sane. Lucky ducky! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)