Monday, May 30, 2011

Balancing Act

Life really is a balancing act, isn't it? I feel like I am possibly starting to get better at balancing husband, baby and school. On the other hand, it might be because I have had a long weekend that included a date night with the hubby and lots of snuggles with Bean. It felt good to have so much time to spend with my little family. I head back to school tomorrow...I might be feeling a little differently come tomorrow night.

I have my first patient all by myself scheduled for tomorrow! Exciting! I can't wait! I'm a little nervous though. The weird thing is, I'm not nervous about the dentistry I'll be doing. I am more nervous about using the new computer system and all the logistics of having my own patient. Kinda silly, I know.

I had a consult for braces on Friday. I would really like to get my top teeth in alignment. It isn't so much noticeable in normal conversation, but I think it is getting progressively more noticeable in pictures. People think it is silly that I want braces for such a minor correction. I disagree. I don't think DH is going to let me do it though. He says we can't afford it, which is probably true. I told him I need a definite answer by tomorrow. I would be shocked if he said I could get them.

Another thing I talked to DH about this weekend was another baby (ooooo ahhhh!). I did some thinking about timing and such. I was thinking November/December might be a good time to start trying for another one? I would be 3 or so months out of school when the baby would be due and Lydia would be around 18 months old. Of course DH acted shocked when I brought it up - he isn't so good with change, or even the thought of change. He needs time to think about it I guess. I never thought I would be ready to have another baby so soon. If I was being honest...If I didn't have school and I was going to be a stay-at-home mom I would consider trying to have another one in the next few months. That just is NOT going to happen with me in school. I don't think they would let me take a second maternity leave ;)

And last but not least, some pictures of Lydia at 15 weeks (already!?!?!):



1 comment:

  1. You are such a good balancer! I gotta give you props, you're such a busy girl but you manage to fit it all in and it works! I'm glad you got a nice long wknd with your little family :) And those pics are pretty cute! Whoever so took them??

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)