Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Mother's Day!

Ok, so I was preparing to be a little disappointed on Mother's day. Debbie-Downer, I know. But I was so excited for it but I didn't want to put too much pressure on it. DH totally exceeded my expectations though! I woke up Sunday morning (at our nice hotel in Fargo, ND), looked over at DH and Bean and sitting in between us was a jewelery box with a big silver bow on it! In the box was a diamond and ruby key necklace! It is so beautiful - I absolutely LOVE it! He also got me a card from him and a card from Lydia. It was perfect. And totally unexpected.



It made for a really great start to a busy, busy mother's day. We started the day with breakfast with DH's mom and the extended family in Fargo. Then we headed home, dropped off BIL and SIL and headed over to my parents' place for dinner. Busy - and I was exhausted, but it was wonderful. I was responsible for bringing dessert, so Lydia and I stopped at Truffle and Tortes in Plymouth to pick up some individual desserts (THE BEST!!!). Since we were there, we decided to stay for a little date ;)




I forgot if I mentioned this in the last post, but we were in Fargo for DH's cousin's wedding. Lydia did sooooo well! She barely made a peep and passed out around 9:30, with music booming and all. Lydia and Papa had their first father-daughter dance to My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. Coincidentally, this is the same dance my dad and I danced to at my wedding. It drew a couple tears out of me. It was one of the sweetest thing I have ever seen. And of course, they got a big "awwwwwwwww" from the crowd.


The time is drawing near for me to return back to school. I am sad about it, but I feel like it was the right decision for me and my family, which gives me comfort. It also seems like I will be home much more often than I originally expected. The more I am home, the better. Obviously. I had a friend show me the ropes of clinic a little bit today and I am feeling much better about things because of that and the studying I've done. I really hope this doesn't kill me! She is just so sweet - it's going to be so hard to leave her.

My buying hiatus has gone fairly well if you ask me! I've been shopping quite a bit but have exhibited a lot of self control. I got a couple of pieces of jewelery from New York and Company and spent $17.00. In my defense, I got 2 necklaces and 2 pairs of earrings for that $17. Pretty good if you ask me!

And finally, an update on how BIG Lydia is getting:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)