Monday, May 16, 2011

Multi-Tasking

I've realized after today that it isn't so much physically multi-tasking that I have a problem with. Or even mentally multi-tasking. I'd even like to think I am pretty good at it. It is emotionally multi-tasking, I now realize, I have a problem with. As much as I was dreading going back and leaving my baby girl, I really enjoyed being back. It is my element. Treating patients is what I was meant to do. I can just tell. Granted, my first class was SUPER boring and I skipped out on my afternoon oral surgery rotation...I really enjoyed treating my patient today! It was crazy to me that I wasn't terribly missing my little girl. With that said, I decided I would rather not stick around to assist in oral surgery, observing procedures that are not within my scope to do. I was excited to get home, but I really wasn't in much of a hurry. This was weird to me. It was also weird to me that I didn't want to just sit and hold my little girl as much as possible when I got home. I struggle with mediocre feelings. I feel uncomfortable when my feelings don't match my all-or-nothing mentality.

I am excited to go back tomorrow and assist in oral surgery, although again, I don't know that I will stay for the afternoon session. This is going to be one interesting juggling act...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it wasn't so bad! That is def your element and they are lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)