Monday, June 20, 2011

I Cracked

I was doing so great with my shopping (aka buying) hiatus! I made it about a month and a half without buying anything but the necessities. I not only surprised my hunny, but surprised myself as well!

Well, the streak is over. I cracked. I went to the Victoria Secret Semi-Annual Sale and the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual sale with SIL. We also hit up the huge sale at Gap (50% OFF all sale items)! I spent the most at Victoria Secret...but there was a reason for that. If I was going to smooth over going shopping, I needed to get something DH would be excited about :) Hehe Lucky for me, it worked!

I also got a cute outfit at Gap - Straight leg crop black jeans ($15) and a tan flowy dressy shirt ($15). They are so cute together and I have a cardigan that ties it all together perfectly! Paired together with some cute wedges and I got myself the perfect mommy outfit for $30!

At B&B, I got a large candle for my bathroom. I use a candle for light for every shower - it is my unwinding time. And I got a couple wall flower refills to make my home smell oh-so-good.

So there. That is what broke my shopping hiatus. Now I have to make it at least 2 months before I shop again.

My other goal of only getting coffee shop coffee 1x/week isn't going so well. I got it 3 times last week and even that was hard for me. :-\ But so far, so good this week. I think I found a solution to help me reach my goal! I had coffee from Holiday Gas station on Sunday morning and it was sooooo good! And only $1!!! They have a few sugar-free syrups (cinnamon, hazelnut and vanilla) with french vanilla and hazelnut creamer. Yum!!!! The best thing is I could get one every day and that would equal one coffee shop drink.

DH's father's day went really well. I took Bean so he could sleep in, then we went to church. After church we got to see his dad and his extended family. Then it was off to my parent's house to have dinner with my dad. After that we had our volleyball game with the in-laws (where we won!). The funny part is, I think the volleyball game was DH's favorite part of the day. Haha

Alright...moving on with the day. I'm looking ahead to my 3 week break starting July 22. Man do I need a break.

P.S. Bean had her 4 month appointment today - shots included :( She is 13 lbs 2 oz, 25 in long with a 16 in head circumference. She is in the 70th percentile for everything but weight, where she is in the 30th percentile. This is up from 5th percentile then 15th percentile. So, she is doing good! I'm thinking about starting baby cereal soon - eeeeek!

1 comment:

  1. Those. Sound. WAY. Cute! Great job with the bargains as always :) I'm proud of you for having such great willpower!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)