Sunday, March 25, 2012

Feeling Trapped

I can't think of many feelings I dislike more than the feeling of being trapped. It's kind of like claustrophobia, but instead of small spaces, it's limitations on life. There are several decisions I have made that have gotten me to this point.

Decision 1: not to re-apply to dental school after getting wait-listed the first round.
Decision 2: thinking dental therapy was going to be a comparable career path.
Decision 3: deciding to leave my baby and return to finish my dental therapy program, in the hopes I could have a great career helping people.

Well, turns out the job market for liscensed dental therapists isn't what we thought it would be. Out of the 6 available dental therapy graduates (the rest of my class), ONE was hired. It's been 4.5 months. So here I am, 7 years of post highschool education, up to my ears in student loan debt and no job prospects. Which has lead me to the feeling of being trapped. DH makes the money in the family, which in turn, leaves me having to report every purchase I make - Ask permissions for anything other than gas or groceries I want to buy.

I guess I just needed to vent a little. I'm going to sleep on it and hope I feel better in the morning. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh love, I've felt this way at times too. I think we all do. Unless you're living in a perfect world and in your complete comfort zone, you'll feel stressed and anxious that you made the wrong choice. But through that anxious time you just have to hold on to the faith that God brought you to where you are and he will sure as heck bring you through it. Chin up my dear, things always keep moving!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)