Monday, September 6, 2010

Writers Block?

So my lovely SIL informed me that it has been almost a whole month since I have blogged...Maybe it is due to writers block? My writers block may or may not be lifted as soon as I start classes again and feel like procrastinating ;)

So, where I am at now: My belly is getting huge! It is finally looking like I am definitely pregnant, and not just a heavy beer drinker (haha). With my huge belly, by boobs are getting equally as huge. Some women say that is a perk of pregnancy...personally, I could do without it. It is just so very uncomfortable! Plus, it becomes a little tricky to dress them and not let them all hang out. Yikes!

I went to the Dr. for my monthly check up 2 weeks ago and I had officially gained 10 lbs since my first appointment at 6 weeks. The Dr. said I am right on track, which is SO nice to hear! I would be mortified if I gained over 30 lbs. I am shooting for 25 :) Along with my boobs not feeling the greatest, my back also hurts if I stand (or sit, or walk) for too long. It has been a tremendous help to have my new Stearns & Foster king size bed! Ahhhhh fabulous!

I had to fight pretty hard for that silly bed. Our last bed was ancient and so very uncomfortable. It had lost its firmness and whenever one of us moved, the whole bed moved. On top of that, it sunk in the center. With my belly growing, sleeping got harder and harder. But DH was not convinced that we really NEEDED a new bed. He just kept saying "No. We don't have any money." So I went ahead and got the bed on my own (I know, naughty) and am going to pay for it through my business. It has been so worth it!!! Sleep has been so much better, there is so much room for DH, Burton, me and my growing belly. DH got over being mad and loves it too...Thank goodness!

The most exciting news as of today, only 2 more weeks until we get our ultrasound to find out boy or girl!!!!!! It seems to have gone by so fast! I am 18 weeks now. Wow, that went fast. I've been so good about not baby shopping for a long time, just waiting to find out the sex. But I did buy a little something at Target the other day, which was silly, but it was just so cute! And on sale!! I bought an infant hoodie - pink with little ruffles :-D It was only $2.80! I couldn't help myself! If it turns out to be a boy, I'll just return it or give it to a pregnant friend that is going to be having a girl :) Now, don't let this fool any of you. Neither DH nor I care what it is, as long as it is healthy. Oh boy, it is starting to feel so real!

First day of my 4th semester of dental school tomorrow - My plan is to blog again tomorrow night after my work meeting. I really just hope my scrubs still fit :)

1 comment:

  1. "Plus, it becomes a little tricky to dress them and not let them all hang out. Yikes!"

    Now you know how I feel!!! If you got'em, flaunt'em! Haha... KIDDING! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)