Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On the Mend?

Lydia has always been a fairly healthy baby, but these past couple weeks have been a different story. At first I thought it was just a cold, then it was an ear infection + teething = high fever, then the amoxicillin first prescribed for her wasn't strong enough and we couldn't keep her fever down without ibuprofen. Then we switched to augmentin (a stronger form of amoxicillin). She seemed to be doing better. Her nose wasn't running as much and her fever finally ended on Sunday. WHEW... Still with me?

Monday night she comes home with a rash all over her back and torso. Ugh! Now what!?!?! Back to the doctor. Good news! Ear infection is gone, she is having a reaction to the augmentin but isn't allergic; the rash should go away in a couple days. I think she is on the mend. Thank goodness/knock on wood.

 Poor baby.

She has been very snugly lately. Anyone that knows Lydia, this is very strange. It has been a very nice change of pace. Except when I drop her off at daycare and she clings to me like an octopus. That has been really hard. She has cried the last two days I have dropped her off. I am really hoping it is only because she hasn't been feeling well.

In some positive news, LYDIA IS ONE ON FRIDAY!!!!! I can't believe it! She is getting so big and it went so fast and I just love her so much! And now, I must go on Pinterest and find some party ideas for Saturday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)