Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Prenatal Update!

Reflecting on yesterday's appointment... The appointment went so well, except for the whole needle thing :-\ I Guess I am gonna HAVE to get used to it. DH held my hand...I don’t know if that made it better or just made me be more of a baby. Hehe My nurse practitioner said the early ultrasound is because I got pregnant so soon after going off birth control and they want to see how far along I actually am. I’m glad I don’t have to wait until 12 weeks though! :) I’ll even get to see the heart beat! Then the next appointment, we’ll get to hear the heart beat! Yippeeee!!!

I am being more aware of what I am eating lately (since I realized I gained 8 lbs already –ick!). I have been trying really hard to not give into my salt cravings (which I think are contributing to water retention??). It can be hard when I pass by Arbys and Burger King every day and live by Wendy’s. I normally don’t even think about going those places! It would be nice to bring snacks that are good for me to school, but it gets hard to keep fruit and stuff with me when I there all day with no access to a fridge. But I am almost done with the busy part of the semester :)

I am so excited about doing cloth diapering! I already prepped the prefolds we bought at Peapods. They are much softer now! I got the GoGo Natural diaper inserts today in the mail and the other diapers should be trickling in!!! Yay! I’m not sure how difficult it will be, but the nice thing is, we won’t have anything to compare it to really, since we don’t change too many disposable diapers :) From what I’ve read, they shouldn’t be too much harder. I think it will just take a little practice. Even DH is reading up on all the ins-and-outs of cloth diapering ;)

Speaking of DH, He has been at work all day (starting at 6am) and it's his birthday!!! :( I feel bad for him! We were supposed to go to bible study tonight but a belt on the car broke this afternoon while I brought him is birthday burrito (hehe). So....we aren’t able to go because he has to stay and fix the car. Hopefully we will be able to do something nice for his birthday? Just kidding!! He just got home so we can go!!! :) K. Bye. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Advice? Questions? :)